Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eagles Canyon Raceway, Texas: ADDED to 2018 Chin schedule!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Canyon Raceway, Texas: ADDED to 2018 Chin schedule!

Here we go again... a NEW track on the Chin schedule! Eagles Canyon Raceway , NW of Fort Worth, TX. Easily accessible from throughout DFW metroplex. 2.5mi, 11 turn lap. Rising/falling elevation change.

Features:
    • 11 turns, 6 straights
    • 70 feet of elevation change
    • Longest straight – 2000 feet in length
    • Exceptional safety with minimal walls and hazards
    • Paved paddocks, Locking garages
    • Climate Controlled Clubhouse with lots of seating, bathroom facilities, and observation deck
    • Fuel Center with self service pumps and specialty race fuels available on site
    • Full service mechanical shop for race and track day support – Pinnacle Autosports
    • Full service grill
    Date: Saturday, March 17th. Following Friday March 16th at Cresson. Do the double header!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ECR-satview.0118.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	312.4 KB
ID:	7332

Click image for larger version

Name:	ECR-trackmap.download.0118.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	7333

Last edited by The Management; 02-19-2018, 09:44 PM.
    Drive Well, The management

As usual, the track map makes it look a little boring.

Being in Texas, I've driven this track a good bit and love it for the elevation change and the technical bits as well as the long straights to air out the car.

Here is some laps to get a feel for the flow.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THE BUMP up to and down from Turn 6 has been eliminated from what I've been told.

https://vimeo.com/110958309

I've coached out at ECR as well and here are some quick/easy points:
    -Braking for T1 is downhill...I've seen several near misses and also some impacts here
    -Try and make T3 one continuous arc
    -T5 braking is downhill like T1 and can be a bit bumpy so give yourself a few extra feet
    -T6 is not a full 180, so drive it like the increasing radius it is and tell yourself 'exit speed is life'.
    -The last part of T9 the car is loading up pretty good and you can frequently go a good bit faster then you initially feel. However, find this speed in small bites.
    -T10 is blind uphill and takes a bit to get right. Don't get frustrated if this corner takes a while
    -T11 is like 3, but try and drive it so it is a increasing radius turn. That is, get a lot of the turn done early so you can accelerate out to the front straight carrying more speed than if you drove it like a constant radius corner.

Just my .02
    Your mileage and lap times may vary!!! heh

Costas
    cars and such...

Comment

• The Management
      The Management commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for adding some local commentary, Costas! Hope you can join us for both events: Cresson|Friday, ECR|Saturday.
Working...
X