MSF level II "grandfathered certification" for experienced instructors:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSF level II "grandfathered certification" for experienced instructors:

As you may have heard by now, Chin Track Days was the first track event provider to have their instructor training program level II certified by the Motorsports Safety Foundation. We are certainly very proud of this recognition and will continue to support the MSF in helping make our hobby safer. If you're unfamiliar with the MSF Certified Initiative, more information can be found here. https://www.motorsport-safety.org/initiatives/certified

The subject of grandfathering instructors that already have significant experience has come up multiple times. I hope to shed some light on this for you so that you may make an informed decision on how you want to participate. Chin's instructor training school outline, submitted and approved by the MSF, has very clear language about what is required of an instructor in order to be submitted to MSF for level II certification under the grandfather clause. Those guidelines are as follows;

1. Attained Level 1 Certification.
    2. Have been through the Chin Track Days Instructor training prior to certification.
    Or
    1. Attained Level 1 Certification.
    2. Been an instructor in good standing with Chin Track Days for 24 months having instructing at least 10 events during that period.

The MSF has put a time limit on grandfathering. A level II certified provider may only submit instructors under the grandfathering clause for a period of 2 years from the date that provider was certified. They figure 2 years is enough time for a provider to identify and communicate to it's instructor base how to become level II certified under this clause. Chin was certified in August, 2017. Once the grandfathering period is up, any instructor wishing to attain level II certification will need to attend a certified instructor training school.

The Certified program with MSF is still in its infancy. I believe the premise of the program is a good thing for our hobby. I do not see a time in the near future that Chin will require all of it's instructors to be certified by the MSF. There are still questions about what Level 3 and up will look like. I am on the advisory board for the Certified program and will continue to help guide it in a way that makes sense for everyone involved.

If you have any questions or believe you meet the requirement for grandfathering, please feel free to email me at Jim@chintrackdays.com.
    Last edited by The Management; 08-02-2018, 01:57 PM.
    Drive Well, The management
Working...
X