Name:	IMG_20150501_074057_007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	6806 Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-20 14.56.18.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	6807

Selling my 2006 Cayman S. 62K miles. Well set up car for advanced DE. I've got over $30K+ in upgrades alone (see below). Professionally maintained by Berg Racing. Asking $29,500.

Car spends summers in NY (home track Watkins Glen (where I can turn 2:16's in this car, and a better driver can get more), but is currently in Atlanta this winter for the winter season and will be there through the Chin Road Atlanta event Apr 17. Hoping not to have to ship it back to NY this spring. Upgrading to a higher performance Cayman.

In my opinion, this car makes sense for two types of drivers. Either (i) the solo novice looking for a car in which to develop through the Blue group and into Red, (that was me), or (ii) an experienced Blue or Red driver looking to build out his own car and wants a good value platform with a lot of the foundational track prep already done, so he can put his money into the seriously high-performance stuff like aero, weight reduction, power upgrades, etc. Car is still eligible to race in the Cayman spec series.

I pretty much only use this car as a track car anymore, but if one wanted to he could also revert back and use it as both a street and DE car. Car is still titled, registered, and inspected in NY. I have not removed the stock exhaust or Cat converters. Suspension stiffness, height, alignment and sway bars are set up for track, but easily adjusted for street/track dual purpose. Brake pads can be reverted to OEM or less aggressive racing compounds (both included in sale). Interior is still intact; even still has A/C and sound system.

It's a lot of track car for the money. If interested, call me at (5ate5)46nine-ate96ate. You can decipher the phone. Or PM me. Details on upgrades are below:

Engine/Transmission - stock 3.4L 295hp power plant w/ 6-speed manual, but upgraded for reliability under track conditions:

- Motosport Baffled, deep oil sump (to prevent starvation under high-G turns)
    - Motosport Air/Oil Separator upgrade
    - Power-steering cooler upgrade. Note: New Power Steering Pump (stock) Aug 2016.-
    - Lightweight flywheel.
    - Note: new clutch and pressure plate in 2016.

Braking - upgraded to be about the best set up one can get on a Cayman:

- GT3 Master Cylinder
    - GT3 brake vents
    - Giro two-piece slotted rotors, (Rear rotors new Feb 2017; spare set of front rotors also included (approx $700))
    - Pagid black pads, plus lots of spares (spare set Pagid Blacks, Pagid Yellows, and OEM pads for street driving)
    - stainless steel brake lines

Suspension - upgraded substantially over a stock; about the same as a Cayman R in 2012 would have:

- Bilstein PSS-9 Coilover suspension. (Can easily adjust ride height and spring stiffness; I have stiffness at max right now)
    - GT3 Control Arms and pivots
    - GT3 Swaybars and bushings
    - RSS rear bumpsteer kit
    - GT3 Alignment shims

Safety/Interior:

- Club Sport Cayman Roll Bar
    - Sparko Evo Seats & Mounts, driver and passenger side
    - Schroth 6 Point Harnesses & Mounts, driver and passenger side (Harnesses expired and will need to be replaced in 2017)
    - Moto removable steering wheel
    - Fire Extinguisher and Mount.

Other -
    - Trailer Hitch welded into the frame for a tire trailer; receptacle hidden behind rear license plate. Sorry - trailer in photo is up in NY... but easy enough to get or make another
    - Two sets of rims: OEM and OZ Aleggerita racing wheels, currently with Toyo 888 and Hoosier R7 racing slicks, respectively. Still tracking the car while for sale, so no promises regarding how much life will be left on the tires when sold.

It's gone. Thanks for looking

Comment

Working...
    X