Simpson Hybrid S opinions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simpson Hybrid S opinions

I am considering getting a Simpson Hybrid S "HANS" device. It is designed to work with three point belts. I use a '99 Miata with stock seats and a Hard Dog rollbar for track days. I also drive the car on the street. The car has stock seats.

There are 6-point belts installed in addition to the stock 3-point belt. The dealer told me it would be unsafe to use a regular HANS with this setup. Said I should either get a seat with cutouts for the 6-point belts, or buy the Simpson Hybrid S.

His advice seems correct. Does anybody have another opinion about the advice? Does anybody have any advice about the Simpson Hybrid S?

Thank you,

Jack

It is true that using 5 or 6 point over-the-shoulder harnesses with OEM seats is not advised. Wrapping around the seat, rather than passing through it, defeats the harness effect. If you've already got harnesses, installing proper seats is a must. The Hybrid S works great with either OEM 3-pt or full harness set-up. We use it often.
    Drive Well, The management

Comment

Originally posted by kayakjack View Post
      I am considering getting a Simpson Hybrid S "HANS" device. It is designed to work with three point belts. I use a '99 Miata with stock seats and a Hard Dog rollbar for track days. I also drive the car on the street. The car has stock seats.

There are 6-point belts installed in addition to the stock 3-point belt. The dealer told me it would be unsafe to use a regular HANS with this setup. Said I should either get a seat with cutouts for the 6-point belts, or buy the Simpson Hybrid S.

His advice seems correct. Does anybody have another opinion about the advice? Does anybody have any advice about the Simpson Hybrid S?

Thank you,

Jack
      I'm selling one in the for sale forum below. Only used once. It's a size small if that will fit you (36-40" chest). It does work with 3 points and harnesses. It's comfortable too. See the for sale post for photos and my email address.

Comment

Working...
      X